Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Lowering the crib

I lowered the crib...

These milestones make me so emotional. My BABY is getting so big!!
We have such a determined little boy, I was nervous he would get it in his head and pull himself up.
I know he is close to being capable. He likes to hold onto my fingers and pull to a sitting position so he is really getting stronger tummy muscles. I don't have a video monitor (hindsight I totally would have gotten one) and lately he has NOT been going right to sleep when I put him in the crib, so I worry! I mean that is my job right- to worry senselessly?

I didn't have this in mind when I lowered it.... but he can't hit his mobile and turn it on anymore. Which means he doesn't spend 30 minutes playing with it before going to sleep. I don't know if it is coincidence but he has been going to sleep much faster and with less crying. It took me awhile to actually allow him to "CIO". He would fuss and I would go, give him his paci and walk back out. Which since he was still crying it fell right back out. If I let him cry for awhile and calm down then go in and stick it back in the mouth- he goes right to sleep. He recently has been turning on his stomach a lot in the crib and then cried because he didn't turn himself back over. He is fully capable of doing it so I don't get that? Well with the CIO he falls asleep on his stomach and has gotten used to it. SO now at night I am not getting up so much to flip him over when he turns in his sleep.

When I lowered the crib I took the bumpers out. He has been getting his feet and legs stuck in the slats. Wakes up screaming when he tries to move and can't get them out. I think those need to go back in for now!!! 

He is such a good little boy and I love him SO much! Very happy when he gets those naps in :)

 
When I clean the room he plays with toys in the crib


Holding onto the crib railing

Stuck foot
 
Another problem with no bumpers 
 
Stuck leg 

2 comments:

  1. So cute! I didn't know you had a blog, fun! Can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I have wanted to for a long time, so decided it was as good a time as any! So excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete