Tuesday, April 30, 2013

First boat ride

We bought a boat! I have always LOVED boating! Eric, being from the South, didn't see the necessity of a boat until he moved here. We have a lot of family that own boats, so the last three years has seen us out on the water whenever possible. That is awesome, except for one fact... we only get to go out when they do.

My man likes to fish. I like to fish. You can't "normally" catch nice big fish off the shoreline. It seems obvious that we NEEDED a boat!! haha. Eric does a lot of research and thinking before purchasing a large any item. We watched for a nice used one. I am not a fan of buying new as the price drops so much right away! But the more we looked it seemed as though the boat we wanted was pretty pricey even used- therefore we went new. It was so much fun to go look through the lots and compare what we liked and didn't. I was just excited to get it and be on the water!

It took a week to put in the fish finders and install whatever else goes along with a boat. We went and picked it up. Planning to go out the next weekend. It was so windy! The decision was made we couldn't take the baby out in it... FWD the next weekend. Eric gets home from work and we load up and go to the lake! Excitement building as we are driving- we bought a boat! We can go whenever it pleases us! Then just like that... the wind is out of our sails... the dock isn't in yet! Now, I am sort of a girly girl in this department. I do NOT pull trailers, I don't really enjoy driving that huge truck and I have never driven a boat!! We talked and talked about what to do. Can I back the truck into the water? I finally got some nerve and decided we were never going to have help now is the time to learn to do these things.
I know it sounds so stupid, but I wanted to practice. So E stood beside the truck and guided me in, then I pulled out and back in. Hmm, that wasn't SO bad! He got into the boat and I pulled into the water shaking like a leaf. All I could think was what happens if I do something stupid and put the truck in. My imagination is crazy!

We were off! I am not a great swimmer, so I freak out if I don't have a jacket ON! I know here you don't have to have it on, but to be comfortable I always do!! I really thought Z wouldn't like his life jacket. Kids jackets are so awkward. We couldn't even zip up the infants jacket he was too big. Of course I want us to be SO safe with my baby, so I found a manager to help us fit him. At his advice and after trying several on him, be bought a child size.  He hates to be constricted! He did great though, was so interested at the water moving by and watching the shore go past. As soon as we stopped though, he was bored! Thankfully I had taken a lot of different toys to busy him with. We were out for about an hour, just enough to get the feel for it and throw in a line for a few minutes.

It was wonderful!! I love spending quality time with my husband and baby! We are so happy we got one and are looking forward to many more boating outings! It will be one of those "well worth it" purchases.
Always wants that camera!
 



 Figuring it all out
 I was looking over the camera to make him laugh and missed his body every time!
 He loved sitting in the seat by himself. So independent!
 He also kept licking his life jacket?? lol

 Fishing!




No comments:

Post a Comment