Friday, April 19, 2013

Easter 2013

Of course, I went out and found matching outfits to wear to church for our little family!!! It would be so cute!!
First off- finding cute dressy clothes for boys under 24 months here is nearly impossible- I am talking like vest and tie or bow tie or anything of that nature. If there is a place, I haven't found it yet! Second- finding adult clothes to match baby clothes? I ended up going with solid colors for Eric and I. It was super hard to find a yellow, orange or bright blue men's dress shirt that wasn't "slim". My Eric is not a "slim" guy and there is NO way he was wearing a tight fitting dress shirt. It was not to difficult to find a dress that I liked. There had to be one easy thing about that shopping trip! I was so excited getting everything PERFECT and ready to go.
Dum dum dum... I mean nothing really ever goes as planned right?
This was the week that Zane was not feeling well. Read about it here. Sunday morning the poor baby wakes up at 4:30 crying. He isn't hungry and he just doesn't feel well. I bathe him and the warm water calms him down so he falls back asleep. I redress him and put him back to bed... It is now 6:30ish. Wake up at 8 and start getting ready for church, I get the baby all ready for church and he has ANOTHER melt down. I don't know what to do for my sweet boy and he is so miserable. I strip him back to his diaper, he calms down and we spend the morning chilling at home. It was so disappointing not being able to go to church. But then the Lord reminds me that that 1. I should not be looking forward to going to church  because we look cute 2. I should not be disappointed because of said reason and I am humbled. He is good to us! I am so thankful He died on the cross for my sins so I could be with him in Heaven one day. I fail him daily and yet the Lord still loves my and blesses me regardless. What kind of love!
We spent the morning talking and reading a book to Zane about Jesus and the reason for Easter. It is never too early to start showing him what Jesus did for us. I love to read to him in hopes he will also be an avid reader someday! We had made a commitment to arrive at my grandmas house at 1. I had spent the previous evening preparing several dishes. So we re-dressed in our Easter clothes and head down there for awhile. It is always so nice to see the extended family. Lots of yummy food and desserts. I have had a crazy sweet tooth lately and I honestly thought about skipping the food and going straight to dessert!!! I was a good girl though and ate real food! Haha. Zane had a good couple hours. He ate some fruit puree yogurt and hammed it up on various people's laps. His favorite was my cousin Michael. He has never seen this guy before and he sat on his lap the longest. Kids always amaze! We stayed down there for a couple hours then came home and took naps. The rest of the day flew by. I don't even really remember what went on? I do know- I put Zane to bed early. He looked so sweet in his outfit! And that was our Easter!

 He Loves his daddy!
 
 Perfect little hands
 



 






No comments:

Post a Comment